Thursday, October 15, 2009

FEATURE FRIDAY

As you've noticed, I'm sure, I've not posted Feature Friday in awhile now. Reason being - I haven't been able to get info from most of you!!! So, I will post these as people give me the information.

Our featured sister this week is a very energetic young woman. Whenever you see her, she will be bouncy and smiling! Yep, I'm talking about Rebekah Counts! Rebekah was born February 4. She has ventured from home a few times, but grew up and makes her home in Caruthersville. She is an elementary teacher (of which I am jealous because she has a higher grade and teaches my favorite subject all day long!!)

Rebekah shares her life with her family - her husband Matt, mother and father - Howard and Rose, and 3 sisters - Christina, Sarah, and Naomi.

Her relationship with the Lord began at a very early age - 6 - when she received Christ at the A/G in Caruthersville.

Her favorite Scripture is Exodus 14:14 - The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still." She gives us a wonderful "sermonette" with this Scripture. "Sometimes the trials of life are beyond our control, and when they are, God will fight for us...and when they seem as though we can beat them, God still desires for us to call on Him for guidance. We'll save ourselves a lot of strife when we recognize our Defender, our Strong Tower." What truth!!

Rebekah began her driving experience at a very young age - she started at age 4. Her parents had a full-size van. She backed it down a steep hill one Sunday morning before church. In her words - "I'm sure my parents were very happy!" : )

We are so glad to count Rebekah as one of our Sisterz. We love you, Rebekah!

No comments:

Post a Comment