Friday, April 24, 2009

A DREAM

I had a dream last night that I was advertising a ladies function and Billy Graham was coming to speak. It was the night before and I realized that I had not invited him and didn't know what I was going to do! Can't imagine what was on my mind when I went to bed last night!!! I promise you, though, that Sister Terri has been invited and is coming. She's already told me that the Lord has given her the Word for the weekend.

I have had another dream, though...and I believe the Lord is allowing it to begin to come forth. It has been my dream that we at CWC would sponsor events that would attract the community and minister to them. You may think I'm crazy, but I've checked to see what it would cost and IF some of the big name women speakers would come to our church (Beth Moore, Chonda Pierce, Jennifer Rothschild). I believe in it, girls! The Lord didn't allow us to build this size of a building for just us on Sundays and Wednesdays. We have capabilities beyond that and I believe the community has needs beyond that. So, I believe this weekend is just the beginning of the fullfillment of that dream.

I am rejoicing in my spirit to overflowing. I can hardly contain it and I don't know that I want to. It feels so good!!! (Sorry - had to pause here. My spirit is so full of gratitude and God's presence is so great as I write this that I can hardly stand it.) God has been doing so much in my life lately. The quote on the blog today says something to the effect that we run to God when our foundations are shaking only to find out that He is the one shaking them. That has been so true in my life lately... and although I didn't like it at first, I am thankful for it now. One day I will share it with you. He is a GREAT God - greater than what we can imagine or deserve. Although this is for "fun" - I know He's going to do something WONDERFUL this weekend. I hope you're planning to get in on it.

I'll see you later!!

Sister June

No comments:

Post a Comment